Here’s a short story for you before you hop on to the recipe. So me and my husband are following a healthy eating routine and as you all know how big a foodie I am, I cannot stay away from different cuisines specially Italian & Asian. So I tried this risotto recipe after browsing through 10 different recipes on the internet. Nothing pleased me and out of nowhere I started the process. I kept on cooking and asked my husband to taste at every step. He surely enjoyed the process but I was so conscious about how it would turn out. After I finally finished, I realised that there are two ingredients you need to nail – the sauce & the rice, you need to know when exactly it’s cooked perfectly. After 2-3 trials I got it right and here’s my recipe..enjoy!!
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 bowl assorted vegetables (I used bell peppers + mushrooms + broccoli)
- 1 cup pesto + 1 cup white sauce (alfredo without cheese)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 5-6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped finely.
- 1 tsp mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Use a deep pan and heat it. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp garlic and Italian herbs. Once it sizzles, throw in the assorted vegetables.
- Let it cook till soft. Now add 1.5-2 cups raw arborio rice. Don’t wash or soak in water prior.
- Coat the rice well with olive oil and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Keep 5-6 cups of vegetable broth ready that is warm. Start adding this stock ladle by ladle till the rice soaks it in. Repeat this step till the rice is properly cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and switch off the stove. Now add your desired sauce in it (I mixed alfredo & pesto) & garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Here’s a recipe of basil pesto for you!
- 100 grams basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp lemon
- 1 tbsp pinenuts
- 1 tsp pepper
- Water for a thick consistency.
Blend all together and the pesto is ready.
Hope you enjoy the delicious recipe! Do share your feedback in the comments below 🙂