I am sure you are tried of trying different recipes to please your kid and to make him/her eat healthy. Here I am to help you with simple, quick yet delicious recipes that your child will enjoy and will also pack essential nutrition for his/her growth.
Check them out & don’t forget to give me your feedback in the comments below.
1. Ragi Pancakes :
- Ragi flour – 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/4 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Banana – 1 large
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
- Milk 3/4 cup
- Measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
- In a cup add in melted butter. Now add banana and mash well.
- Mix everything using a hand whisk. Add in milk and give a quick mix.
- In a mixing bowl, place a sieve. Then add ragi flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Sift the flour.
- Now transfer the butter-milk mixture to the ragi flour mix. Stir it gently until moistened.
- Heat a tawa or iron skillet, Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of butter. Add 1/4 cup of pumpkin pancake batter to it and spread it to form a circle. Don't spread too much. It should be thick like pancakes.
- Cook in low, medium flame. Cook until bubbles form on top of pancakes and flip it carefully. Cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Repeat the same for the remaining ragi pancake batter. Serve like tiered cake with a drizzle of honey & sliced fruits on top.
2. Vermicelli Upma :
- Thin vermicelli 1/2 cup
- Oil 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- urad dal 1 tsp
- Green chillies (split lengthwise) 1 piece
- Curry leaves 1 strand
- onion, beans, carrots, fresh peas, tomatoes – 1/2 cup
- turmeric powder 1 tsp
- salt to tast
- peanuts, 4-5
- Heat a wok or a kadai and roast the vermicelli for 3-4 minutes until slightly golden. Transfer to a plate and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in the same kadai and add urad dal, mustard and cumin seeds. Let them crackle for a minute and add the chillies and curry leaves. Saute for 1-2 minutes and add the onions. Mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and salt and saute for 1-2 minutes. Then add the vegetables and stir well. Allow them to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and 2 -1/2 cups of water, and bring to a rolling boil. Add the vermicelli and mix well. Cover the kadai with a lid and let it cook for 5-6 minutes or until the vermicelli is cooked and the water is dried up.
- Check seasoning. Transfer to a serving bowl and finish with roasted peanuts on top. Serve immediately.
3. Chocolate hummus :
- 1 cup overnight soaked and boiled chickpeas
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. organic/raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (can use cow’s milk as well)
- In a mixture jar add all the ingredients except milk and churn well. Once done take out in a bowl and add milk.
- Mix it well and chill for 1-2 hrs.
- Serve with fruits.
4. Paneer bhurji rolls :
- 1 tsp Ghee
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Finely chopped green chillies and ginger
- ½ cup Assorted chopped vegetables
- 1tsp kasuri methi
- ½ tspTurmeric powder
- ½ tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- ½ cup Shredded paneer
- Salt to taste
- 1 Roti
- 1 tbsp Green chutney
- ½ cube cheese
- In a pan take ghee, add cumin seeds.
- Add chopped chillies,ginger, assorted vegetables and cook.
- Add Hand crushed kasuri methi.
- Add all the seasonings. Lastly add paneer and turn of the gas.
- Take 1 roti and spread green chutney on it. Now add the mixture made before in middle of the roti.
- Add grated cheese on top of it and wrap the roll.
5. Ragi Porridge:
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup ragi flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp Jaggery
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp Nutmeg powder
- In a pan take ghee. Add ragi flour and roast well.
- Add water, milk and cook well.
- Once done, add jaggery powder, desiccated coconut and nutmeg powder. Serve hot.
6. Sweet potato chat
- 1 cup boiled sweet potato (diced)
- 1 tbsp mint coriander chutney
- ½ cup diced capsicum and onion
- 1 tsp oil.
- Heat oil and sauté veggies.
- Add the boiled sweet potato and cook till brown
- Switch off the gas and add the mint chutney.
- Add salt to taste and toss well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
7. Chocolate peanut butter smoothie
- 1 cup milk (cow/almond/buffalo)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tbsp coco powder
- 1 small date
- ½ tbsp flaxseeds
- Ice cubes
Mix all the ingredients in the mixture. Churn well and serve chilled.
Enjoy watching your kid happily filling the stomach and building his/her immunity well!