Diwali is just round the corner and every house is prepping for sweets and namkims like always. Be it covid or no covid, our traditions never fade away.
And that’s why here I am to give out a new recipe from my own kitchen. The cashew coconut laddos are a medly of cashew nut, semolina (rava) & dessicated coconut as the main ingredients. While experimenting, I came up with two flavours from the same mixture which can cater to kids and adults both.
- 2.5 tbsp ghee
- 3/4th cup semolina aka rava [fine]
- 1.5 cups cashew nuts, powdered
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp elaichi & kesar powder
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Heat a pan & pour in the ghee. Let it warm a little.
- Now add the semolina and roast it well till it turns pink. Don’t overcook it.
- Now switch off the stove and add cashew nut powder & 1 cup dessicated coconut.
- Mix well & divide the mixture into two. Add 1tsp vailla essence in one mixture and 1 tsp elaichi & kesar powder in the other.
- Let it cool a little and then mix in the castor sugar.
- Start rolling the mixture into laddos while there are semi warm and roll them into the remaining dessicated coconut.
- Roll the elaichi kesar ones in plain coconut and mix 2 tsp cocoa powder with coconut & roll the vanilla flavoured into it.
- Your laddos are ready to be consumed. Pack in an air tight container and refrigerate after 3-4 days.
- Enjoy this Diwali guilt free with nutrition and taste at the same time 🙂
Wishing you all a happy & safe Diwali in advance!